Sunday, June 26, 2011

What's on the Wishlist? Vol. 3

This wishlist of mine is ever expanding. This is going to be only a teeny sampling of what I've got a lemming for these days! But these are some of the things right at the top. :)

















Konad Stamping Nail Art

This stuff looks like the bees knees!! I've been getting more into nail art recently, and this would certainly help facilitate that. If you aren't sure exactly what Konad is or how it works, basically the way it works is there are metal plates with designs etched into them - there are TONS of plates with all kinds of designs, from flowers to animal prints to words, and many, many more. You paint nail polish over them (you can buy the Konad kind which is formulated to work for stamping the best, it's thick and opaque enough, although there are many regular nail polishes that work too that you can look up all over the web), then scrape the excess off the plate so the nail polish is only in the design. Then you take a rubber stamper, roll it over the design to pick up the polish, roll it over your nail and voila!! There are many tutorials on YouTube to check out. There are many different kit options to start with, and then you can buy individual Konad plates as you like. There are also lots of non-Konad brand stamping plates out there (usually referred to collectively as faux-Nad) which are usually more inexpensive. Basically, mama wants some Konad!!

















Urban Decay The Feminine Palette

What's not to love about this? Absolutely gorgeous packaging, which is usual for UD (I also have the Naked Palette and the Show Pony palette) with some beautiful neutrals accented by lovely soft colours. It's like they tapped into my mind when they were trying to decide what shades to put in here. It comes with a small size Eyeshadow Primer Potion - I try not to buy the full sized ones, I just get the palettes that come with a small size.... I get more for my money that way! $20 for one primer potion or around $35 for six eyeshadows and a small primer potion? What do you think!!
















ghd Classic 1" Styler

This bad boy is on my wishlist for a few reasons - my hair is naturally straight for the most part (when air dried it gets a very slight wave but it doesn't take much to get it mostly straight) so it doesn't hold a curl well at all - no cheapy curling irons for me. This product is multi-purpose - although you can use it as a flat iron to get completely smooth, flat, glossy hair, because it has curved edges on the plates, you can use it to curl your hair too! It's a bit pricey at around $200 but I think it will be well worth the money!






















Smith's Rosebud Salve


This is one of those cult favourite beauty products, and as someone with chronically dry, flaky lips, I'm willing to try any lip balm that is the favourite of so many people! Only $8.50CAD also makes it pretty affordable to try even if it doesn't work out... I'd be willing to pay more than that for a lip balm that keeps my lips soft and smooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for comments, I love to read them and they make my day!
***Please don't leave links or requests for follows in the comments section! I follow blogs because I want to, not because I'm asked to, and also I do not use Blogger to follow, I use Bloglovin'! So I may already be following you through that service!***