Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Why swatching is important!

One of the reasons I love having a couple Sephora's accessible to me (one in the mall I work at, and one a few minutes from where I live) is I do less impulse internet buying. I'm able to go in the store, look at the product, swatch the product and see if it's worth it!

In some cases, doing this makes me realize that buying something from my wishlist would have been a big mistake! Such as in the case of the Sephora Collection Moonshadow Baked Palette in "In the Nude", which appeared on my most recent What's On the Wishlist? post.



I dropped into Sephora after work today specifically to swatch this, and I was capital-Disappointed. There was hardly any pigmentation!! If you're looking for some really sheer glitter bombs, this is the palette for you. Now I know some people may like sheer, glittery shadows and that's fine!! But according to Sephora's website:
  • "Each formula features high payoff pigments and textures that blend easily. Its micro glitter adheres to the skin better than regular sized glitter. Used wet, the dark shades can be used as an eyeliner with an intensified, bolder effect. "
 So I was expecting pigmented, glittery shadows. Not sheer ones... I made sure to swatch a range of colours, from the light ones and the dark ones, and both were just as bad. I didn't even bother taking a picture...

So know that pigmented is not what you will get here, and you may not want to bother. It's possible these might foil well, but honestly I want the shadow to show up well without having to take any extra steps!

4 comments:

  1. Well that's disappointing. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought so too :( Probably did a favor for my wallet though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I miss Sephora. (Too bad about the palette, though).

    Great blog! (It would be really great if the most of the stuff was available for me :P )

    xxx Irinja (1milliondresses.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe don't worry I don't really shop at Sephora all that much!! There will be a mix of drugstore stuff too!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, I love to read them and they make my day!
***Please don't leave links or requests for follows in the comments section! I follow blogs because I want to, not because I'm asked to, and also I do not use Blogger to follow, I use Bloglovin'! So I may already be following you through that service!***