Saturday, April 02, 2011

Urban Decay Naked Palette - Three Ways to Wear It

I'm one of the lucky ones who was able to find Urban Decay's Naked Palette fairly early, so I've been enjoying it for quite some time - since about September of last year. The thing I love about this palette (besides the buttery softness and excellent pigmentation of all the shades) is the versatility of the palette. You can create any kind of look with this one palette, from very subtle no-makeup eyes, to softly colourful looks for day, to dramatic smokey eyes for the evening. For about the first 5-6 months I owned this palette, I used it probably at least 5-6 days a week - and I wear makeup at LEAST 6 days out of the week.

So tonight I decided to play around a bit and create some different looks using only the shadows from the Naked Palette, to show off all the sorts of looks you can create! If you still haven't picked up this palette, what are you waiting for?!



Left to right: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal.



The first look is a softly colourful look for day. Mainly soft shimmery pink and gold on the lid, and browns for depth in the crease.





-Naked between crease and browbone

-Virgin as highlight on browbone and inner corners

-Sin on inner half of lids

-Half Baked on outer half of lids, in the middle of the lower lashline

-Buck in crease, smudged under outer corner of lower lashline

-Darkhorse in outer corner, and smudged with Buck in outer lower lashline

-Whiskey 24/7 eyeliner



Second look is a slightly smokier and darker look that's still appropriate for day. It's a shimmery (a little glittery) taupe on the lids, with a plum-hinted brown on the outer lids and crease.





-Naked between crease and browbone

-Virgin as browbone highlight

-Sin as inner corner highlight

-Sidecar on inner half of lid

-Hustle on outer half of lid, in crease

-Buck blended above crease

-small bit of Creep blended into outer corner

-on the lower lashline a bit of Half Baked in the middle, Hustle on the outer corner

-Zero 24/7 eyeliner



Third look is a dramatic black smokey eye! I added falsies to this one for extra drama.





-Creep on the lid, up to just below the crease, and on the very outer corner of the lower lashline

-Gunmetal in and just above the crease, and smoked out along the lower lashline

-a blend of Toasted and Sin above the crease

-Virgin as a brow highlight

-Sin as the inner corner highligh

-Zero 24/7 eyeliner on upper lashline and waterline

1 comment:

Thank you for comments, I love to read them and they make my day!
***Please don't leave links or requests for follows in the comments section! I follow blogs because I want to, not because I'm asked to, and also I do not use Blogger to follow, I use Bloglovin'! So I may already be following you through that service!***