Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Review: Sephora Collection Colorful Mono Eyeshadow in Wild and Precious #87

On a recent trip to Sephora, as I madly swatched everything in sight (seriously, whenever I'm in Sephora I grab a few baby wipes off the stand because I usually need to clean off my hand and make room for new swatches a couple of times!) this shade caught my eye.

Sephora describes it thusly:

"gray plum with iridescent shimmer"

To me, it is a medium-deep taupe brown with plum undertones, and silver glitter.







When applied, it gets a little tricky. The texture of this shadow is rather gritty, when you pass the brush over it, it tends to crumble, and then when you go to apply it, the payoff isn't quuuite there. Which is a shame because in the pan it's a gorgeous colour! There is one redeeming factor though - when swatched wet (get a regular eyeshadow brush slightly damp - I like to get my fingertips wet and then rub them on the bristles of the brush) the shade shows up much more true to colour.



Top: wet, bottom: dry



Dry, wet.

Yet another unfortunate thing though, is I'm not sure if the staying power on this is gonna be great, even WITH the wet brush. I haven't really worn this out yet (except layered over another shade in my crease once) because I couldn't get the colour payoff I was looking for - I only discovered how good it looks wet while doing these swatches tonight. But the wet swatch has rubbed off my hand already (which was done over primer) and it's only been less than half an hour.

So overall, even though in the pan and freshly swatched with a wet brush it looks good, due to the pain-in-the-buttness of getting it to apply properly and the not-so-great lasting power, I just can't give this one a great rating! Unfortunate, because my whole Sephora 5-in-1 Color Play Limited Fashion Edition palette is great!!

2.5/5 is my verdict!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for comments, I love to read them and they make my day!
***Please don't leave links or requests for follows in the comments section! I follow blogs because I want to, not because I'm asked to, and also I do not use Blogger to follow, I use Bloglovin'! So I may already be following you through that service!***