Saturday, March 09, 2013

FOTD Mar 10/13 - navy blue cat eye

Not too long ago I spotted some Essence products on clearance at Shoppers Drug Mart and one of them was a gorgeous, shimmery navy blue eyeshadow shade called Wild at Heart. I knew it was a perfect shade for "my kinda colour" in eye makeup, which is fairly subtle.

Today I got around to actually trying the look I had in mind and I love it! It gives as much drama and definition as a black cat eye but with a little bit of a more colourful, different look. I just put this on to run out for a few errands but I'm definitely going to be rocking this look again this week at work!


I kept the lids really simple with just light, neutral colours so they wouldn't overpower the blue liner. On my lids I have Essence Eyeshadow in Cappuccino, Please!, UD in Buck is in my crease and just in the outer corners for more definition I used a matte dark brown shadow from my NYX One Night in Morocco palette. Highlight on inner corners and browbone is UD Sin.

For the actual liner itself, first I did a light line of a navy blue eyeliner, one by Annabelle. Then I used an angled brush and swept Wild at Heart over the line, then followed with mascara! The mascara I used today was Essence Get Big! Lashes (waterproof).

Here's some close ups of the eyes:


I wore NYX Stick Blush in Hibiscus on my cheeks, and my lips are Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Just Enough Buff with Sephora Glossy Gloss in Maple Syrup on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for comments, I love to read them and they make my day!
***Please don't leave links or requests for follows in the comments section! I follow blogs because I want to, not because I'm asked to, and also I do not use Blogger to follow, I use Bloglovin'! So I may already be following you through that service!***