Sunday, May 06, 2012

NOTD May 6/12 - soft glittery gradient

I had been meaning to do a gradient because it had been quite a while! I forgot how long these little guys can take though - no matter how opaque the colours you choose are, sponging them on makes them really sheer so it takes a few coats to build up opacity! And I found to get the proper blur between colours I had to go back and forth between shades and blend into the other colour(s) from both directions. But I think it was well worth the effort! I love how this turned out! And of course for me, no gradient is complete without a quick coat of glitter to really blend it all together and make it look finished.


























Colours used (starting with gradient colours in order from cuticle to tip, then the glitter topper):
Barielle in Sailor's Delight
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Lacey Lilac
Essence Colour & Go in You Belong to Me
Wet n' Wild Wild Shine in Kaleidoscope

3 comments:

  1. Wasn't this inspired by Chalkboard nails? ;) It looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) And no, it wasn't inspired by Chalkboard Nails! Gradients are pretty common designs, I've done some before. Looking at her mani now the colours look very similar but I actually just grabbed all these colours at random from my drawers! I didn't see her mani until after I did mine. :)

      Delete
  2. Pretty pretty. I have always wanted to try gradient nails, will have to do so sometime later on :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, I love to read them and they make my day!
***Please don't leave links or requests for follows in the comments section! I follow blogs because I want to, not because I'm asked to, and also I do not use Blogger to follow, I use Bloglovin'! So I may already be following you through that service!***