Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Heavy Rotation

These are the items that have been getting some heavy play in my makeup routine lately! For the last few weeks I was getting up very early, so I needed products that made 5:00 a.m. makeup foolproof and fast! These were the winners!


























Clockwise from the top:

1. Urban Decay Naked Palette - As you can probably tell from how worn the lettering is, this palette has been well loved. The colours are so versatile, all of them go well together, and because of how pigmented and blendable they are there's no fussing around trying to get the shadows on your lids. This is really the be-all-end-all of foolproof eyeshadow palettes!

2. Wet n' Wild Color Icon Blusher in Pearlescent Pink - This beautiful bright coral pink with shimmer is perfectly buildable and such a flattering shade whether I'm my usual paler than pale self or more tanned!

3. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Iced Mocha - For the mornings when I'm seriously pressed for time, a swipe of this as a base shadow and then a couple of similar taupe powder eye shadows on the lids gives me 30 second eye makeup. Lifesaver!!

4. Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray - Every day my makeup would wear away around my nose and chin, until I found this stuff! This bottle here is just the little travel size, but I would totally buy full size - a few spritzes of this keeps my makeup looking fresh all day.

5. Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hr Foundation - If you're thinking this looks like a drugstore sample tube, you would be correct. The last time I went to buy a replacement bottle of this, the store was out of my shade, and I sweet talked the sales associate into letting me keep the tester tube. That's how much I love this foundation!

6. Maybelline EyeStudio Gel Eyeliner in Black - I use this liner pretty well every day, both for tightlining and along the lash line, using a bent eyeliner brush. It goes on so smoothly and does not dry out at all in the bottle, unlike the similar MUFE product that retails for about double the price!

Have you tried any of these products? Love them? Hate them? What have you been using a lot recently? Let me know in the comments! :)

3 comments:

  1. love the naked palette, iced mocha, and the maybelline gel liner... hate the all nighter spray, but you knew that already haha... maybe i'll give it another shot though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the naked palette, the gel liner, and the wet n wild blush and I love them all! Great picks =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard not to love most of these products! :) I remember how excited I was when I found out Wet n Wild products were not the crap I remembered them being when I was younger! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, I love to read them and they make my day!
***Please don't leave links or requests for follows in the comments section! I follow blogs because I want to, not because I'm asked to, and also I do not use Blogger to follow, I use Bloglovin'! So I may already be following you through that service!***